The course is designed to increase and build upon your existing weapon handling skills. Our instructors will deliver this course in an informal manner and will not only guide and encourage you, but will also instill, in you, that level of self-confidence that is so vital when handling weapon systems, leaving you safe in the knowledge that whenever you are strapped, you are safely strapped. This is one of our courses that works better in smaller groups as it allows our Instructors to have that, all important, personal interaction with you, whilst being cognisant of your own specific requirements.
The aim of the course is to make you familiar, or more familiar, with both short and long barreled weapon systems, into to improve your accuracy and make you an, allround, better shot, to improve your level of weapon handling skill and to make you a more confident and competent firearm user.
The course is suitable for the following groups of people:
- Armed close protection operatives, already working in a non-permissive / hostile environment and who wish for some refresher training.
- Newly qualified close protection operatives, who wish to pursue employment in a non-permissive / hostile environment and who wish to conduct pistol training prior to their deployment.
- Retired / Serving PSNI Officers who carry a pistol as a personal protection weapon.
- Retired / Serving Prison Officers (Northern Ireland) who carry a pistol as a personal protection weapon.
- Retired / Off-Duty / Serving military personnel, who reside in Northern Ireland and who carry a pistol as a personal protection weapon.
- NGO's / freelance Journalists who are deploying to non-permissive / hostile locations and wish to become familiar with a weapon system, prior to their deployment.
- Combatives / Self Defense Instructors who wish to learn more about both short and long barrelled weapon systems, in order to add content to their existing self defence courses.
We do not adhere to any "fixed" training program during the course. Instead, we will go at your pace and will only move onto other shooting and handling procedures, once we (and you) are confident in your own ability. During the course, you will be taught the following:
- Weapon Characteristics and Function (pistol and rifle)
- Safe Handling Procedures (pistol and rifle)
- Grouping Shoots (pistol and rifle)
- Confidence Building Shoots (pistol and rifle)
- 1 and 2-Handed Shooting Techniques (pistol only)
- Quick Draw and Target Acquisition Shoots (pistol only)
- Stoppage Drills - magazine not fitted correctly, empty magazine, stove pipe etc. (pistol and rifle)
- Emergency Magazine Changes (pistol and rifle)
- Check Chamber Techniques (pistol only)
- Stress Test Shoots (pistol and rifle)
- Drawing Techniques - open and concealed carry options (pistol only)
- Shooting stance options (pistol and rifle)
- Correct grip and hold (pistol and rifle)
- Correct trigger control/application (pistol and rifle)
- Correct Sight Alignment (pistol and rifle)
- As part of Go Noisy's Due Diligence, Code of Ethics, Transparency, Oversight, Accountability and Personal Liability process, you will be required to meet one of the following criteria to attend this course:
- Produce an in-date and valid SIA License
- Produce a valid and recognized Criminal Background Check, which is no more than 1 month old
- Hold NATO / British / US / FVEY Security Clearance
- Produce a valid and in-date Military ID Card
- Produce a valid and in-date Police ID Card
- Hold valid and in-date Firearms License (Northern Ireland)
Please note the following:
- A minimum of 4 participants are required for this course to run effectively.
- The course is capped at 6 participants.
- All course participants are encouraged to bring their own pistol holsters and magazine holders, as it is crucial to your own training development, that you train with the equipment that you are most familiar with.
- Once you have made your booking and paid your deposit, you will be sent a set of Course Joining Instructions that will contain all the information you require to attend the course, including travel details, directions to the accomodation/training facility, clothing, kit and equipment suggestions.
- If you are a holder of a Defense Discount Card or a Blue Light Card, then you will qualify for a 10% discount on this course.
- You are strongly encouraged to read our Terms and Conditions before you make your booking.
DISCLAIMER: Go Noisy reserve the right to refuse entry on the course to anyone who, we believe, is not acting in an honest and transparent manner. Furthermore, Go Noisy do not accept liability for what any individual may do with the firearms training they have received, once the course has ended and all course participants will be required to sign a firearms waiver, during the course booking process.